AAALAC site visitors will be on campus for the University of Michigan’s site visit beginning Monday, July 10 through Friday, July 14.
During this time, you should anticipate a visit to all animal housing locations on campus, as well as visits to many laboratories.
All individuals involved with animal care and use at the University should take the requisite steps to ensure that they are prepared for the site visit, which include:
- Review, and be familiar with, your laboratory’s currently approved protocols
- Attend an in-person preparation meeting,
- Check the Animal Care & Use Program website (animalcare.umich.edu/aaalac) for news and updates,
- Review all distributed resources leading up to the visit, and
- Discuss the visit with staff and colleagues.
You are encouraged to remain vigilant to email and newsletter announcements in the coming weeks as we share critical information and resources leading up to the July visit.
Please also begin identifying a member, or members, of your laboratory staff who will be available to meet with the AAALAC site team during their visit. This individual, or individuals, should be:
- Knowledgeable in the animal activities conducted in your laboratory,
- Able to provide the site visitors with access to your area, and
- Be ready to address any questions the site team may pose.
Additional information, including Site Visit FAQs, preparatory resources, and a Site Visit Schedule, is available on our AAALAC webpage (Level-1 U-M login required).
Questions about the upcoming AAALAC Site Visit, or U-M's accreditation status, should be directed to the Animal Care & Use Office at email@example.com or (734) 763-8028.