As of Tuesday, February 28, 2017, the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) now requires that all personnel working with rodents administered a substance that poses a human health hazard, as determined during review and approval of the associated animal use protocol, complete ULAM-10055 ULAM Hazard Containment for Rodents Workshop.
The workshop provides demonstration and hands-on practice of required procedures and techniques, including topics such as:
- Use of Biosafety Cabinet,
- Carcass labeling and disposal,
- Management of infectious or chemical hazard spills, and
- Proper cage transport and disposal.
As a courtesy to all who may be affected by this new requirement, the ULAM Training Core is pleased to offer assistance with workshop enrollment. Two options are available for enrollment:
- To self-enroll, log in to MLearning (https://trainingportal.med.umich.edu). Scroll down to your Learning Plan and register for an upcoming session. Please note: seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you would like assistance with enrolling in the workshop, or have additional questions about this training, please contact the ULAM Training Core at email@example.com or call (734) 763-8039.