To help keep the research community apprised of important updates and changes impacting animal care and use at the University of Michigan, ULAM Faculty Veterinarians will be hosting virtual Vet Check-In Meetings in January 2022.
In addition to addressing facility-specific and user-submitted questions, veterinarians will also discuss several topics of interest, including:
- Upcoming changes to buprenorphine dosing for rodents,
- Important reminders about light timers in animal housing rooms,
- New information for carprofen storage,
- Updates on ongoing shortages of pentobarbital and pentobarbital euthanasia solutions, and
- Arranging veterinary consultations for modifications to anesthesia or euthanasia methods.
No RSVP is required to attend; however, Level-1 U-M login credentials will be required to log in to the Zoom meetings.
At least one member from each lab is encouraged to attend a meeting with the ULAM Faculty Veterinarian who provides care and oversight for the facility where the lab’s animals are housed.
Review the Complete List of Vet Check-In Meetings for more information,
Facility-specific invites from each ULAM Faculty Veterinarian will be sent to all individuals listed on an active animal use protocol in early January. Additional information will also be posted on the Animal Care & Use Program website.
If you have questions or concerns about ULAM Faculty Vet Check-In Meetings, please contact the ULAM Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 764-0277.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Links marked with a lock icon can only be accessed using valid Level-1 U-M login credentials.