Continued excellence in animal care and use, and in research, takes continued collaboration.
Join the Animal Care & Use Team, along with colleagues from other partner departments, as we continue preparations for the upcoming AAALAC 2020 Site Visit in August.
Virtual AAALAC Chats are short, 30-minute sessions that provide a quick overview and resources on specific topics of interest and importance to the U-M research community.
Current topics include:
- Management of Controlled Substances in Animal Research
- Equipment Sanitization Guidelines
- Completing Surgical Records for Mice & Rats
- Laboratory Safety & Animal Research
- Daily Care & Husbandry of Aquatics Facilities
- Rat & Mice Euthanasia Procedures
Final Preparation Town Halls
AAALAC Preparation Town Halls are 60 minutes long and focus on final Site Visit preparations, including how to approach Site Visitor questions, what to expect during the Site Visit, and a last-minute Q & A with representatives from the Animal Care & Use Program Leadership Team. Town halls will take place:
- Monday, July 27 from 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 19 from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
One member of each laboratory is strongly encouraged to sign up for a Final Preparation Town Hall session to learn more about the Site Visit timeline and expectations for Site Visit participation.
All Virtual AAALAC Chats and Final Preparation Town Halls will be hosted via the Zoom webinar platform.**
Sign up for multiple events at:
**Upon submitting your RSVP, you will receive a confirmation email with login instructions for the meeting(s) you have selected. Valid Level-1 U-M login credentials will be required for each meeting.
Other ways you can get involved:
- Designate your AAALAC Laboratory Spokesperson(s),
- Review, and be familiar with, your laboratory’s currently approved protocol(s),
- Download Quick Reference Sheets to become more familiar with specific programmatic topics/points of interest,
- Visit the Animal Care & Use Program website for Site Visit news and updates, and
- Discuss the visit with staff and colleagues.
Please also remain vigilant to email and newsletter announcements in the coming weeks as we share important details leading up to the visit in August.
As a reminder, AAALAC site visitors will be on campus for the University of Michigan’s re-accreditation site visit beginning Tuesday, August 25 through Friday, August 28. During this time, you should anticipate a visit to all animal housing locations on campus, as well as visits to many laboratories.
Questions about the AAALAC 2020 Site Visit should be directed to the Animal Care & Use Office at email@example.com.
If you have additional questions about preparation events, or if you would like to suggest other topics for future AAALAC Chats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links marked with a lock icon can only be accessed using valid Level-1 U-M login credentials.