Due to increased incidents of measles outbreaks in our community (both regionally and nationally), all individuals who enter NHP housing rooms or who work with NHPs in clinical settings must provide records of vaccination for measles (MMR vaccine) or proof of measles immunity (titers) to the U-M Department of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) by January 1, 2020, in order to continue working with, or entering, NHP housing rooms.
To that end, if you are:
- Currently listed on an active animal use protocol that involves work with NHPs, or
- Have direct involvement with NHPs/NHP housing facilities as a result of your roles and responsibilities within the U-M Animal Care & Use Program (e.g., animal husbandry, veterinary care, oversight, etc.)
EHS will begin contacting you soon to provide the following information:
- Confirmation that you have already provided the appropriate records, in which case no further action is necessary, OR
- Guidance on how to submit records of MMR vaccination or proof of immunity to EHS, OR
- Details on how the U-M Occupational Health Services Clinic can provide MMR vaccination or titer evaluation for proof of immunity if you do not have the appropriate records.
Should you have any questions or concerns about this process, please contact EHS at EHS-MedicalSurveillance@umich.edu.
Thank you for helping protect the health of our research animals. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.