Due to the upcoming University holiday and season days, all hazardous materials waste collection, waste disposal supply deliveries, and radioactive material deliveries/transfers will be suspended beginning at 4:00 PM on Thursday, December 22, 2022 – 8:00 AM on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
Please remember to confirm with vendors that radioactive material shipments will arrive at EHS no later than 12:00 PM (noon) on Thursday, December 22.
- Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) should be contacted at (734) 763-4568 by Thursday, December 15 to schedule hazardous waste collection/supply delivery.
- For radioactive material orders or transfer requests, use the Radiation Safety Service Clearance Code Request to request a clearance code no later than Friday, December 16.
Ensure the safe shutdown of labs that will not be operating during the 2022 season days by:
- Capping chemicals
- Shutting down equipment, and
- Closing fume hood sashes. Where available, switch them to the "low" or "unoccupied" setting.
- Any hazardous or radioactive spills should be reported to the U-M Division of Public Safety & Security at (734) 763-1131. For emergencies, dial 911.