Please note the following modified services from Medical School Facilities that will be in effect over the holidays: Wednesday, December 25, 2019, and Wednesday, January 1, 2020; and season days – Thursday, December 26, 2019, through Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS)
- Radiation Safety Service will close at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, December 24, 2019, through Wednesday, January 1, 2020. Radioactive material packages will not be delivered during this time. Please plan ahead when placing orders. Confirm with vendors when placing orders that packages will arrive no later than 12:00 PM (noon) on Friday, December 20, 2019. Normal operations will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- All hazardous material waste collection and supply delivery will be suspended from 4:00 PM on Tuesday, December 24, 2019, until Thursday, January 2, 2020. Please contact EHS at (734) 763-6973 by Monday, December 16, 2019, to schedule collection/delivery, and confirm with vendors when placing orders that packages will arrive no later than 12:00 PM (noon) on Saturday, December 21, 2019.
Remember to secure all chemicals and experiments before leaving and make sure hood sashes are closed.
- Glass-wash, autoclaving, biohazard waste pickup, and M-SHIP services will be provided on scheduled season days
(Thursday, December 26, 2019 – Tuesday, December 31, 2019).
- Property disposition services will not be available during the holidays or season days.
Please note, clinical operations will be supported through the holiday season.
For assistance during the holidays and season days, please call:
- Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) for crimes, safety concerns, or other emergency situations at (734) 763-1131 (or 911 from a campus phone)
- Facilities & Operations Facilities Service Center for maintenance requests, including custodial, grounds, and parking maintenance at (734) 647-2059
General, non-urgent questions about Medical School Facilities may be sent to Med.School.Facilities@umich.edu.