The following SOPs and Guidelines have been updated as of Friday, September 15. For your convenience, a small summary outlining key changes to each document is included below:
- Carcass Disposal Procedures for Investigative Personnel: A new SOP for Investigative Personnel that outlines the proper procedures for disposal of carcasses, including general procedures, species-specific information, and labeling instructions.
- Guidelines on Blood Collection: A new table outlining frequently used sites for submental blood collection methods in common lab animal species has been added. The table also includes anesthesia recommendations, expected volume(s) from each draw site, and whether or not the site can be used for repeat bleeds.
- Guidelines for Acceptable Methods of Identification and Genotyping of Rodents and Zebrafish:
Several updates have been made, including:
- New methods of zebrafish genotyping for VVC purposes
- Clearer expectations for multiple tail biopsies in rodents
- Changes to anesthesia requirements for toe biopsy in rodents
Questions or concerns about these or other animal care SOPs and guidelines should be directed to your ULAM Faculty Veterinarian. General questions may also be submitted to ULAM at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 764-0277.