Animal Surgery Operating Rooms
The Animal Surgery Operating Rooms (ASOR), part of the Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine (ULAM), operate on both the Medical School Campus and at the North Campus Research Complex. Facilities are available for investigators to perform sterile, minimally-invasive, and non-sterile surgical procedures on both small and large animals.
Services and facilities can be utilized individually or combined as a full service based on the needs of a specific research project.
Facility personnel are licensed veterinary technicians and AALAS Technologists. A ULAM Veterinary Board-Certified Surgeon also oversees daily operations.
Users must have an approved animal use protocol from the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) prior to utilizing ASOR services and facilities.
- Surgical consultation
- Assistance with animal use protocols
- Steam and ethylene oxide sterilization
- Pre-operative preparation
- Intra-operative anesthesia and monitoring
- Post-operative recovery
- Sterile facility rental
- Assistance with training laboratories
- Basic surgical instruments and supplies
- Monitors: EKG, Pulse oximetry, carbon dioxide, direct and indirect blood pressure (NIBP and IBP)
- IV infusion pumps
- IV fluid warmer
- Anesthesia machines with isoflurane or Sevoflurane vaporizers
- Cautery units
- Surgical suction
- Circulating water blankets and heat lamps
- Stainless steel tables
- Radiographic unit
- Lead gowns & thyroid shields
- I-Stat: chemistry and blood gas analyzer
- Microhematocrit centrifuge
- Scrubs and personal protective equipment
The facilities are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM and Fridays from 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM (seasonal or holiday changes may affect this schedule).
Using the facilities at times other than those listed above can be discussed with the ASOR Coordinator.
The facilities are operated on a fee-for-service basis. Users are charged for all supplies, technical assistance, and equipment used. Complete estimates are available upon request.
Please contact email@example.com or call (734) 764-0224 for more information. Voicemail inquiries will be returned as soon as possible.
|Room Rate||$ 38.25||per hour||07/01/2022|
|Daily Room Rate||$ 382.50||per day||07/01/2022|
|Tech Time Hourly Rate||$ 60.00||per hour||07/01/2022|
|Cancellation Fee||$ 63.75||per cancellation||07/01/2022|
|No Show Fee||$ 95.63||per no show||07/01/2022|
* Rates subject to change.
References and Resources
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 764-0224 for additional information, or to learn about the many additional services available through ASOR. Voicemail inquiries will be returned as soon as possible.
Please note: all scheduling, modification, and cancellation requests must be submitted using the online form posted above.