In an effort to reduce Study Team burden and eliminate redundancies in our processes, the Containment Housing Request Form managed by the Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine (ULAM) will be moved to eRAM beginning Monday, April 17, 2023.
Study Teams will notice several changes as a result of this transition:
- Where possible, the form will now be auto-populated with information from your existing IACUC approved protocol. This includes, but is not limited to:
- PI name and contact information
- Laboratory personnel names and contact information
- Species, housing location, and hazard agents
- Upon completing the form, a new Action Item will be created in your protocol
- Automated email notifications will be sent to the PI/Lab Personnel directly from eRAM
- Communication between Study Teams and ULAM Husbandry Supervisors regarding the approval or modification of all containment housing requests will occur via eRAM
The following processes and procedures will NOT change:
- All individual requests for containment housing must still be submitted using the form
- ULAM will make every effort to accommodate all requests, however, space in requested facilities is not guaranteed
- A minimum of 72 hours’ notice (three business days) is required prior to moving animals
- BEFORE access to a containment housing facility is granted, personnel must:
- Be listed on the IACUC approved protocol
- Have hazards use included in their Animal Handling Details, and
- Complete all training requirements, including a tour of the containment housing area with the facility's ULAM Husbandry Supervisor
Step-by-step instructions for completing the new containment housing request form in eRAM are available on the ITS Documentation website.
Please note that the current form will be deactivated on Monday, April 17.
All pending requests for containment housing submitted on or before April 17 will be logged by ULAM husbandry personnel and will NOT need to be re-entered on the new form in eRAM.
Questions or concerns about the ULAM Containment Housing Request Form, or about containment housing in general, should be directed to the ULAM Husbandry Management Team at email@example.com.
Links marked with a lock icon can only be accessed using valid Level-1 U-M login credentials.