Several facility and operations services will be modified or operating at a limited capacity during the University's upcoming holiday and season days. To ensure that your research needs are met quickly and efficiently, please review and share these schedules with your team, plan ahead, and act early.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS)
All hazardous materials waste collection, waste disposal supply deliveries, and radioactive material deliveries/transfers will be suspended beginning at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, December 22, 2021 – 8:00 AM on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Please remember to confirm with vendors that radioactive material shipments will arrive at EHS no later than 12:00 PM on Wednesday, December 22.
- Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) should be contacted at (734) 763-4568 by Wednesday, December 15 to schedule hazardous waste collection/supply delivery.
- For radioactive material orders or transfer requests, use the Radiation Safety Service Clearance Code Request to request a clearance code no later than Thursday, December 16.
Secure all chemicals and experiments before leaving and make sure hood sashes are closed.
- Glass-wash, autoclaving, biohazard waste pickup, tank deliveries, dry ice deliveries, and M-SHIP services will be provided on scheduled season days (Monday, December 27 – Thursday, December 30), but will be closed on University holidays (Friday, December 24 – Saturday, December 25 and Friday, December 31 – Saturday, January 1).
- Clinical operations will be supported through the holiday season.
- Property disposition services will not be available during the holidays or season days.
- There will be no Medical School or Campus mail or dock services over the holidays or on scheduled season days.
- Please notify vendors of dock closings when placing orders.
- Any courier deliveries must be arranged directly with the courier company itself. The dock staff will not be receiving any packages during this time.
- Contact Research Services at Dock 6 & 7 at (734) 763-0773 if you have any questions or concerns.
For Questions or Assistance
Phone support will be available throughout the holiday break. Please call:
- (734) 647-2059 to reach the Facilities Service Center for issues including custodial, pest management, grounds, utilities, and parking maintenance.
- (734) 763-1131 (or 911 from a campus phone) to reach the U-M Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) for crimes, safety concerns, or other emergency situations. DPSS should also be contacted for any hazardous or radioactive spills.